Translations you can trust
We’re fanatical about quality. It’s what sets us apart and guides everything we do.
Quality to us goes far beyond the words on the page (or video). We consider syntax, flow and tone of voice. We ensure that jokes get a laugh and creative ideas impress. It’s not just perfect grammar and mitigating mistakes; quality translations must meet the content purpose and resonate with the audience, regardless of language.
“Comtec’s use of native-language speakers ensures incredibly high quality, far beyond what our clients have been used to, to the point that we don’t need to worry about quality assurance.”
4 quality commandments
Never compromise on process
We believe in our systems. But as much as we’d like you to take our word for it, we’ve been certified by the ISO – just in case. Our certifications include:
- ISO 9001:2015: an international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS).
- ISO 17100:2015: internationally recognised standard for companies within the translation industry. It recognises that its holders recruit the highest calibre of linguists with specialist knowledge appropriate to different subject areas and who translate into their mother tongue only.
Specialist linguists for every job
Each linguist has to meet our high criteria:
- Relevant qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Proof of specialist subjects and references
- Each linguist also undertakes a sample translation to test their ability
- We continue to assess translators throughout their time with us
Read more about linguists here
Check, double-check and check again
All projects are subject to stringent quality checks where we assess content based on several key linguistic criteria, including spelling, syntax, vocabulary and technical terminology. We then have additional criteria depending on the type of content and how it will be used.
Always follow the quality assurance process
- Specialist linguists assigned to each project
- Proofreading by a second specialist, native-speaking translator who reviews for style, tone and terminology
- Pre-delivery in-house checks for completeness and formatting
- Routine ad hoc sampling of linguists’ work
- Samples provided to clients to capture local market feedback and preferences