Comtec supports customers from a wide range of sectors to translate technical manuals in formats including InDesign, Quark and FrameMaker. With highly specialist, sector specific terminology involved, Comtec selects a translation team with the right knowledge and experience to ensure accurate, professional translation.
Our highly skilled technical translators are experts in their specific fields, and possess both the relevant linguistic talents and specialist knowledge of the technical terminology for your industry.
Technical translation doesn’t have to be as complicated as it sounds, and here’s how Comtec can make your manual translation project run like a well-oiled machine.
- Our Project Managers will liaise with you to gain a thorough understanding of your product/service. All available reference material and product information, together with any existing translations, will be gathered to compile a glossary of key terms, abbreviations and definitions. This will ensure that the correct terminology is used during translation.
- Translation memory tools will be utilised to ensure consistency of style and terminology and faster delivery times. The memory created for your project will continue to grow and develop as translation progresses. This means we can handle any future updates to your technical manual by accessing stored content and offering you significant cost reductions to boot!
- An initial sample will be provided together with a glossary of terms at the start of the project to ensure that you are happy with the terminology used and that the initial brief has been fully understood. Any amends made at this stage will be incorporated going forward.
- Manuals created in artwork packages such as InDesign or Quark are translated hassle-free. Editable content is easily extracted into a suitable format for translation and can be reinserted just as quickly. Comtec can also complete all desktop publishing of the artwork files to retain the look of the original document and provide you with a fully art-worked manual ready for print!
- A final review of the translated manual by a local market team or technical specialist is always recommended as they will be closest to the market and the specific terminology for the product. Comtec offers a number of solutions in which we can handle the Review Process. Click here to discover more about this crucial final step in translating your manual.
If you have any further questions regarding translation of technical manuals and other content, or would like a free translation quote, please contact a member of our customer services team on + 44 (0) 1926 335 681 or email email@example.com