Internship Programme – Project Management and Translations
Are you currently studying for an MA in Translation or have recently graduated and would like to start a career in translations? This is the internship for you.
We’ve been running a strong internship programme for over 10 years, with several of our past interns continuing to work with us either by joining the in-house team or as freelance translators.
“My internship with Comtec was fun and insightful and I learnt so much about the industry and how it works. I enjoyed it so much that I didn’t want to leave and I’m glad to say I didn’t have to! 3 years later, I’m a project manager working with clients around the world and mentoring new team members.” – Léa Gorniak
Our internships are available for 3, 6 or 12 months, providing the opportunity to work across both translation and project management to get a holistic understanding of how the industry works. That said, if you have a preference for either project management or translation, we’re happy to flex the programme in favour of this.
Our friendly team will provide comprehensive training, to ensure you’re off to the best start in the world of translation. You’ll have the opportunity to get stuck in on a range of projects, from elearning to websites and internal comms. Over the course of the internship, you’ll get a look under the hood to see how translations happen: from technology to client relations and quality assurance.
If you’re considering a career in translations – such as a project manager or translator – this placement will give you the foundations for success.
- Preparing content for translation by formatting files ready to send to the linguists
- Working with MemoQ, our translation memory software
- Working with a range of additional tools used as part of the translation process, including online review and glossary management tools
- Reviewing translations in English and other languages to ensure the content has been completed in full and guidelines followed
- Reviewing multimedia localisation projects – websites, voiceover, subtitling and elearning – to ensure that the localised content is working effectively in the target language(s)
- Liaising with translators to make any necessary amends to translations
- Formatting translated content ready for delivery to the client
- Liaising with the project management team to provide status updates
- Ensuring translation memories are kept up to date with linguist and client changes
- Ensuring style guides and glossaries are routinely updated with new additions and changes
- Ambitious with a can-do attitude
- Personable and approachable
- Keen to learn and get stuck-in
- Interested in international business and culture
- An utter linguaphile looking for a foot into the translation industry
Key skills required for this role include:
- You are either in the process of studying for a Masters in Translation or you have graduated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of working with translation tools, such as MemoQ or Trados
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills for meeting tight deadlines
What we offer:
- Competitive basic salary which is paid pro rata depending on the length of the internship
- Opportunity to work remotely or in the office
- Training and professional development – we invest in our people
- People-centric, friendly and supportive culture
Does this sound like you? Then let’s tell you a little more about us.
Comtec is an award-winning translation partner. For the past 40 years, we’ve helped organisations, from savvy scale-ups to FTSE 100s, connect with global audiences. We’re a tight-knit team, who are passionate not only about languages but delivering high-quality translations and a fantastic customer experience.
Meet our team here.
We’re looking forward to reading your CV and cover letter. Please send them over to email@example.com.