Junior In-house Translator
If you’ve got a love of languages and would like to kick start your career in translation, then this could be the role for you.
We are an energetic bunch who are passionate about languages and even more enthusiastic about helping our customers operate internationally.
We are looking for a proficient and confident junior French to English in-house translator who wants to get ‘stuck in’ working on an on-going translation project for one of our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Translating product descriptions from French into English
- Proofreading product descriptions and other localized content
- Completing any additional formatting on translated content
- Liaising with internal project management team regarding queries on terminology, content etc.
Key skills required for this role include:
- Fluency in French
- Mother-tongue English speaker
- Post-graduate qualification in French to English translation
- Good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- Ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets
- Excellent organisation and time management skills for meeting tight deadlines
- Personable and approachable
How To Apply
If you have any questions or would like to apply please send your tailored CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title ‘In-house Translator’.
Your cover letter to this application should begin with an answer to the following 3 questions, each in 100 words or less:
- What interests you about the role and the company?
- Organisation and time-management skills are crucial for this role. Please can you provide an example of how you have organised yourself to deliver on a key project?
- Please can you provide details of relevant translation experience gained during or after your studies?
We look forward to hearing from you!