Engaging with a global workforce and the impact of language
Engaged employees are more productive, motivated and positive. That’s why it’s often a key challenge for businesses. But could language be the solution?
Internal communications are the simplest way to keep your global workforce feeling connected and in the know. But what happens if your international team can’t read the newsletter you carefully crafted? Perhaps they only get the gist of it but don’t really engage with the copy. Worse still, what if they miss an important notification or the tone is misinterpreted?
This is the risk companies run when they use just one language to speak with a global workforce, even with bilingual employees.
In this webcast, we discuss how language can be used to help engage your global workforce, focusing on internal communications and L&D.
What you’ll learn:
- Facts and stats about how language impacts global workforce engagement
- Why a one-language strategy is not always the best solution
- The benefits of using native language communications
- Trends shaping the L&D landscape
- The types of content you can and should translate.
Watch the webcast with Head of Client Relations Susan Lankfer to find out more and please do get in touch with any questions.