Translation Internships and Work Placements at Comtec
At Comtec Translations we’re passionate about sharing our skills and knowledge with the next generation of translators and that’s why we offer short work placements and longer internships at both our Leamington Spa and London offices. If you’d like to find out more about what a work placement or internship at Comtec can do for you, just read on!
Work Placements at Comtec Translations (1-2 weeks)
Why Comtec Translations?
At Comtec Translations, we are a happy team of people who are passionate about languages and even more enthusiastic about helping our customers operate internationally.
Work placements at Comtec provide the opportunity to gain a real insight into the translation industry while gaining invaluable training and experience.
What will you learn?
During your placement you will have the opportunity to shadow members of the team from different departments, including:
- In-house translation
- Sales and marketing
You will find out more about the various activities involved in managing translation and interpreting projects, including:
- Quality checking
- Use of translation memory tools
- Recruitment of translators.
Where will your work placement be?
We offer work placements at our Leamington office.
How long will the placement be?
Between 1-2 weeks
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for a work placement at Comtec, please send your CV and covering letter to Carole Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships at Comtec Translations (3 months +)
At Comtec Translations, we are a friendly team of people who are passionate about languages and even more enthusiastic about helping our clients operate globally.
An internship at Comtec provides the opportunity to gain a real insight into the translation industry while gaining invaluable training and experience to take you forward into your translating career.
What will you learn?
- An internship with Comtec involves a variety of activities to prepare you with the necessary skills and experience to move forward in the translating industry.
- Some of your key activities will include:
- Checking translations: this involves checking text for completeness and formatting.
- Liaison with freelancers to handle queries and passing them on to the appropriate person for further investigation
- Sourcing translators for specific projects: this will involve reviewing the documents sent from customers and searching our database to select appropriate translators
- Sourcing new translators: this will involve contacting potential translators to ask if they would be interested in joining our database and managing their assessment process.
- Aiding the team in putting together bids for translation tender
- Ad-hoc support with marketing activities
What you need to have:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in languages (preferably French, German or Spanish)
- Translation and/or interpreting studies included in degree
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good team player
- Reliable and flexible
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of translation tools e.g. Trados or MemoQ
The selection process:
- Test piece assessment (Less than 1000 words)
- Telephone interview
- Three months or more
- Full time
- 9.00 to 5.30 with one hour for lunch
- 20 days pro rata
Where will your internship be?
- Leamington Office – Accommodation can be arranged approximately 15 minutes’ walk from the office
- London Office – Assistance provided in finding accommodation
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for an internship at Comtec, please send your CV and covering letter to Helen Deeley at email@example.com