We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, email address, contact telephone number and company name);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email address, contact telephone number and company name);
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration as part of our audit trail process. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can adjust your browser’s setting to prevent it from accepting cookies on your computer – go to www.cookiecentral.com for instructions on how to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Website(s) if you do so.
Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they can be used to store information which may identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
Third Party Cookies
|Comtec Translations Website||Comtec Translations uses Google Analytics, which sets a cookie in order to anonymously identify when users return to specific websites.Google uses the information sent with this cookie to store a history of website pages visited in a user’s session. This data will not be used to associate any part of your identity, anonymous or not, with any other data held by Google.Further information about how to opt-out of this cookie can be found at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/|
|LinkedIn Share Button||linkedin.com||When you create or log in to an account on https://www.linkedin.com cookies are stored on your computer in order to remain logged-in to your twitter account when visiting https://www.linkedin.com again. The LinkedIn Share Button used on our website is hosted by https://www.linkedin.com and your browser therefore sends this cookie data to LinkedIn when creating the button inside your browser. This data is used by LinkedIn in order to associate the LinkedIn Share Button with your LinkedIn account. This data is not accessible to us, and is not sent to us by LinkedIn.More information about this cookie can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie_policy|
Using your personal data
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties)which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users, though this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall-protected server. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and any user details confidential.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is Comtec Translations Ltd.
Version date: 20 July 2013