Comtec supports a large number of clients including Process Management International and Smallpeice in translating training materials developed in formats such as Word or PowerPoint.
Many elements need to be considered in order for your training material to accurately reflect the social and cultural context of the target market. Not a problem. Comtec is on hand to help every step of the way. Let’s take a look at how we can help you translate your training materials, hassle free!
Firstly, it’s crucial to determine which language your target audience speaks. This may sound obvious, but as some markets speak more than one language, it may be a case of translating into two languages for one market.
Your written content should be clear and concise to ensure your key messages are not lost in translation. To avoid any potential confusion or misinterpretations, use simple language, keep sentences short and sweet and avoid using any abbreviations, idioms and slang terms which may be difficult to translate.
- It is crucial to determine whether your content is culturally appropriate for the target market. Things to consider include any imagery, case studies or examples to support key messages.
- Encourage input from in-market colleagues, trainers and content authors to ensure that all relevant knowledge is captured and integrated into your training content and any issues with language or content can be quickly resolved. Comtec is on hand to advise how best to involve these experts.
- Our Project Managers will liaise with you to gain a thorough understanding of the training content and your target audience. This ensures the correct style and tone is used and your key messages are put across.
- We will gather all relevant and existing translated content in order to compile a translation memory and glossary of key terms. This will ensure translation consistency, the use of relevant specific terminology and faster delivery times!
- The translation memory created for you will continue to grow and develop as translation progresses. This means we can handle any future updates to your training material by accessing stored content and offering you significant cost reductions to boot!
- A final review of the translated training material by a local market team or internal employee is always recommended and Comtec offers a number of solutions to help facilitate this. Click here to discover more about how we can handle the Review Process.
Providing high quality, fully translated training material can make a huge impact when promoting your product or service in a new market or conducting staff training overseas.
If you have any further questions regarding translating training materials, or would like a free translation quote, please contact a member of our team on + 44 (0) 1926 335 681 or email email@example.com.