A Comtec internship could be the catalyst to a fantastic career!
Why we do it?
We’re passionate about our industry, and passionate about helping young people succeed within it. We’ve been running a strong internship programme for more than 10 years and we consider it to be one of our greatest assets.
But don’t just take our word for it.
“I would 100% recommend Comtec for a translation industry internship! The support from the team was incredible, from help with my Visa, to the ongoing training, friendly atmosphere and hands on experience, I couldn’t have asked for more. The confidence and skills I’ve gained are invaluable.”
Isslam Ben Belgacem, Quality Assurance Coordinator
Many of our interns loved working with us so much, they’re now part of the in-house team, or work with us as freelance translators!
How does an Internship work?
We offer six or 12-month internships that cover the translation and project management sides of our business. If you prefer more, or less of either aspect we can flex the programme to suit.
What training and experience is offered?
We’ll provide full training on all the quality and project management processes within the business, the translation tools and technology used (MemoQ and review & glossary tools), and school you in the wider world of the translation industry to ensure you’re off to the very best start in your translation and project management career.
You’ll get stuck into a broad range of client projects; from website translation, video localisation and internal comms to interpreting, cultural awareness initiatives and eLearning courses.
You’ll see the translation process from every angle; the technological, client and quality assurance aspects to name a few!
The Intern Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare client content info files ready for translation
- Send formatted files to selected linguist
- Review translations to check for content omissions and guideline adherence
- Liaise with linguists and action amends
- Re-format translated content to make it client ready
- Liaise with project management team and provide status updates
- Review multimedia localisation projects – websites, voiceovers, subtitling etc to ensure content is effective across its target languages
- Ensure the translation memory database is up to date
- Ensure style guides and glossaries are regularly updated
- Support the Operations Team with supplier recruitment and manage the community network
Why apply for an internship with us?
We are a people first business that genuinely cares about our team, partners and suppliers. To that end, we are B Corp certified, which means we work to continuously meet the very highest standards for positive social and environmental impact.
We are also award winning and the trusted translation partner across all types of organisation from small scale start-ups to FTSE 100 companies. For the past 40 years we’ve helped them to connect with and grow global audiences through our versatile translation services.
If you come to us for your internship, you’ll be joining a very friendly, helpful team that is passionate about languages and delivering high-quality translations with a fantastic customer experience.
What we're looking for in you
- A can do, pro-active and ambitious outlook
- A language obsessive interested in a career in the translation industry
- Eager to learn and happy to get stuck in
- Interested in international business and culture
You'll also need to be...
- Studying for a Masters in Translation or a recent graduate
- An excellent communicator, both spoken and written
- Able to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Well organised and able to manage your time against tight deadlines
The practicalities of a Comtec internship
- We offer a competitive basic salary; paid pro rata depending on length of internship
- Training and professional development
- This is an office-based role to support training needs
- We offer support with finding suitable living accommodation that’s local to our office
If you’re interested in applying, then we’d love to hear from you.
Send us your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’re a good fit for an internship with us and what qualities you would bring to the role.
Please send all information to Dan Jacob, Head of Client Delivery – firstname.lastname@example.org.